Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vegan Sushi and Sake Bombs


NEW PERSONAL RECORD!

I ran my 5K race this morning, as part of the Half Marathon training program, nothing official or anything.

LAP PACE: 10:44 !
Distance: 3.1 miles
Temp: 66 degrees
Overall time: 33:15

I won’t pretend it wasn’t hard. I dream of the day where I can glide by at or under a 10 min/mile pace.  But this was personally, very exciting. I even left my timer on for about an hour to keep looking at it. 

It’s especially good, I feel, for someone who may have imbibed a little bit too much last night.

Yes, I went out with my good friend Jessica, for beer and sushi.  We had edamame, and then I got the vegetarian sushi plate. It was good! I didn’t miss the eels as much as I thought I would. And, as always, the company was stellar.. if mischievous.  She suggested that we try to do a sake bomb. I’d never tried it before, but what the hell, right?  WOW.  It’s basically dropping a tiny cup of sake into a beer and… well, we didn’t chug it. That would’ve been too much. I will say this.. We could have chugged it, because it was very smooth.

Jessica, launching the bomb



And here’s the amazing spread of food. Jessica tried some veggie sushi off of my plate, and she didn’t make faces, so I’m pretty sure she thought it was good! We did have to google one of the rolls, though, because we couldn’t identify it. Turned out to be some sort of bamboo shoot thing. 

 Me and mah food!

 Sorry for the somewhat crappy quality of photos, I used my phone, and it's just  not as great as the camera.

Tonight, Nick and I are going to the Kickoff party for the Texas Veggie State Fair. They’ll have a DJ, speakers, a silent auction, and of course, vegan appetizers! I’ll give a full report tomorrow! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment