Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tempestuous Tammy

If you're wondering about my Title, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The neighbor's dog woke me up by barking like a lunatic at 5:25 in the morning. From then on out, I was annoyed by everything. There was a lot of crossed arms, deep sighs and self control... Starting with not screaming out at the dog (equally like a lunatic) to SHUT UUUUUUUP!

You know what's good for angst? Running. And today, I just wanted to get it over with. I didn't want to wait until dusk! I should've though, because it was a terrible run.

Lap: 11:05 - Pretty good until I had to walk the last half mile.
Distance: 3.0 miles.. walked the last half
Temperature: 89 degrees, with the sun beating down and a hot wind in my face. BLECH!

At least after that miserable run, I stopped feeling irate and just felt miserable. This calls for self medication! Being out of wine and beer, I went to the next best thing... Tea and a Book. It's hard to be miserable and angry with hot tea, a good book and a cat on your lap.




I was going to make pumpkin pancakes with sliced strawberries for dinner. But after all the stress eating I did today, I decided to do something simple. There were cookie bites, pretzel bread, M&Ms, and pineapple for people at work. Some of those aren't vegan, so that was a bit of a backslide. Sigh. Also, making pancakes is irritating with the whole 'two at a time' business. (Hmm, maybe I'm not done with the complaining just yet!)

So I decided to throw together some stuff we had lying around.. I think I'll call it.. Southwestern veggie junk bowl.

-Red Onion in slices
-Crumbled veg burgers from yesterday
-Leftover cup of black beans from yesterday
-About a cup of frozen yellow corn
-sliced grape tomatoes
 -Avocado mashed into Guacamole

First, I sauteed the onion so it was almost caramelized. Then just kind of dumped the rest (not the avocado) in, and kept the heat at a medium low until it was heated up. I served it over brown basmati rice with a scoop of guac.and some kale chips. (perfectly salted THIS time)

I first tried eating it as is, because I couldn't really decide on salsa or BBQ sauce.. it was okay, but meh. So I added a small spoonful of Tangy BBQ sauce after the fact, which I think made it better. :)


I was also sad to hear about Steve Jobs' passing. RIP Steve. Cancer is so terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment