Saturday, October 29, 2011

Being a Lazy Bum and Bliss Cafe!


I have been a lazy bum this week.  It could be the weather?  Nah. I’m just being a lazy bum. I missed my run on Monday and Thursday. I was supposed to run 7 miles this morning. But I was cold, so I decided not to.  I think the cats were a bad influence.



This is what happened after I took the picture.



Yep, a sure sign that the best thing to do is put my paw over my head and go back to sleep. I promise I'll do it tomorrow though. No really, I swear!

I did get some stuff done, though. Look, my apology book came in the mail!


This week is going to be a full week of meals from this book. I chose some meals, and made my grocery list. One complaint I have about the book: No dessert section. Harumph. But, I am all about Fresh and Fast. However, today, I’m all about as little effort as possible.

I suppose I can muster up the effort to tell you what Bliss Raw Café was like. :)

It. Was. Awesome!

I loved the atmosphere. Hanging lights, huge photos of delicious food on the walls, pumpkins. It was cozy. And the food was great!

There were all kinds of elixirs, and I didn’t know what the heck they were supposed to taste like. So we got a combo of:  Hemp Horchatta, Goji Paradise and Chocolate Bliss. I thought I’d like the chocolate bliss the best, but the Hemp Horchatta was amazing! It’s made of: Smooth hemp seed milk with cinnamon, mesquite, and agave nectar.  It was almost eggnog like in flavor and texture. So I got a big one!


Then the main dish. I had no idea what to order. I wanted to get something I couldn’t get anywhere else, but didn’t know what I was in the mood for. I thought a noodle bowl sounded good, but I’ve had Pad Thai, sooo… This is the Vietnamese bowl. Ugh, I didn’t get such a great picture of it. But it was spicy, and the noodles were amazing! Nick got the ‘Amigo Wrap’. Which came wrapped in a lettuce leaf. He said he really liked it. I could tell, too, because he pretty much inhaled the first one. Vietnamese bowl had: Kelp noodles tossed in almond sauce garnished with crispy bean sprouts, basil, cilantro, jalapeno, lime slices, cashews.



 The Vietnamese bowl was really filling, too. I was surprised how filling it was! So I probably shouldn’t have ordered dessert. But I had to… in the name of research, right? Turns out they had a brownie! I was hoping to try ‘raw cheesecake’, but this was pretty good, too. I was a little disappointed at how small it was. But the texture was like eating a block of fudge, so it was probably for the best. In fact, I ended up eating some of it before I remembered to take a picture for the blog. Bad blogger!



I would DEFINITELY go again. I would love to try ‘raw pizza’ and their ‘rawko tacos’.  Maybe they’ll even have ‘cheesecake’ next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment