Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan MOFO 2011

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog!

My name’s Heather. I’m a vegetarian transitioning to veganism. I do not actually run the state of Texas, though I could probably do a better job than Rick Perry. However, I do like to lace up my running shoes and jog, trot, run, gallop and on some giddy occasions, skip through trails, parks, and on some treadmills in Mesquite. (Which is a suburb of Dallas.. Excellent.) I have a husband and  two cats, Satine and Gizmo, who are also a big part of my life. I actually grew up in upstate New York, and had never planned on so much as visiting Texas before I met Nick. So fortunately for all of us, it’s September! So hopefully this blog won’t comment on how damn hot it is TOO much. Not until next year, anyway.

I’d been thinking about starting a blog, and was given a gentle nudge by a friend who told me that October is Vegan MOFO 2011. (Vegan Month of Food 2011). It’s like NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) except for Vegan bloggers.

But here’s the basic premise of this blog: I moved to Texas. I gained a lot of weight. (Almost 40 lbs!) I went vegetarian, and started running, and lost about 75lbs! I’m still in the losing stage. I’ve got about 20lbs more to go. I’m also registered to run the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. AND I’m trying to go from vegetarian to Vegan, omitting not just meat but ALL animal products.

Images and other pretty things to follow. I'm heading out for a run!

In the meantime, here's a Curry Chickpea Burger I made the other day:

No comments:

Post a Comment