Monday, October 17, 2011

Don't forget your water!

Wow, today was the worst 4 mile run ever! Remind me to never leave my water bottle behind. I was really sucking wind at the end. But I made it! I felt like death warmed over when I got home, yeesh.

Pace: 11:55
Distance: 4 miles
Temp: 83 degrees.. GOD WHY. But it's supposed to go down to 49 degrees tonight. So weird. ANYWAY!

My opinion on the Vegan Brownie Pumpkin Pie w/ crunchy pecan crust has changed. I did think it was delicious, but could do with less flour maybe in the topping.

Wow. It gets even better after being in the fridge overnight! I must now post this recipe for all to enjoy.

Pumpkin Pie Brownie w/ Crunchy Pecan topping

Pumpkin Brownie Layer:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (or canola oil)
3/4 cup white flour
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Pumpkin Pie Layer:
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp almond milk
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
-Shaved chocolate for garnish (I did not have this. WISH I DID)

Pecan Topping
1/4 cup margarine (Earth Balance)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup spelt flour (I used regular flour. Maybe tone it down to 1/4 cup)
3/4 cups chopped pecans

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used a 9" greased pie pan for this.

-For brownie layer: mix wet ingredients together in a big bowl. Mix dry ingredients together in small bowl. Then mix both until incorporated. Smooth it over the pie pan with a spatula, like a crust without sides.

-Pumpkin layer: Again with the mix wet, mix dry, mix together thing. Now slowly pour and spread over the brownie mixture.

-Pecans: Mix all ingredients together until well combined and sprinkle on top of the pie.

-Bake for 35-40 min at 350F. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 20-30 min and then move to the fridge to chill for 1.5 hours. 

Amazingness.

Again, this comes from Angela at OhSheGlows.com. If you're interested in pumpkin, she's your girl! She's having a pumpkin renaissance this autumn, and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment