Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower Brains!

Interesting drive home! There was an accident on I-35 RIGHT where I merge on to it.  The Police had blocked off the two left lanes. What happened? I have no idea, but there was an orange taxi flipped completely upside down. I don’t even know how that happens! But it DID let me get home 10 minutes earlier. So, thanks taxi driver… I hope you’re okay. Drive safer in the future.

Back on the (running) horse today!

Ran: 4.5 miles
Pace: 11:36
Temp: 58 degrees

My heel was acting up a little at the beginning, but it felt better as I warmed up. I’ll ice it tonight. It was a really nice day today!  I was amused to find that I came to run in a tshirt and black capris, and everyone else was wearing sweaters and sweatpants.

So what did I have for dinner tonight?

BRAAAAAAAINS… They are rich in good fats and protein.

Lies, it’s cauliflower. They DO look pretty creepy, though.

Caulflower “steaks” (Warning! They do not taste like steaks in any way!)
1 Cauliflower
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt
Preheat oven to 450, with cookie sheet inside.  Put cauliflower on cutting board, stem down. Slice straight down, making ‘steaks’.  Brush oil on one side. Put them oil side down on the pan. Brush other side with oil, sprinkle salt. Bake 10 min. Flip over, and Bake another 10 min. Voila!



Served with it is.. Haha, ANOTHER Quinoa salad. The first was such a success that we couldn’t wait to make more. It’s called Curried Quinoa salad with Apples, Walnuts and Cranberries. Long title, delicious salad! I’ll post the recipe on that one, tomorrow.

We’re having Tuscan White Bean pizza again (It’s Friday!), so this will be a good new recipe! Here’s a teaser photo! mmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment