Saturday, November 12, 2011

8 miles and White Rock Farmer's Market!


So this morning I laced up my shoes and attempted to run 8 miles. I got to 5 before my ankle started flaring up again. I thought I might run the other three tonight, but somehow that didn’t happen. I may run the remaining three tomorrow morning, depending on how my legs feel.

Actually, I was pretty happy to make it to five. I was pretty nervous heading out the door that, again, I would take three steps and it would start hurting again. I feel like it’s progress! 

Then, after a quick shower, I decided to go to the White Rock Local Farmer’s Market.

A coworker told me about this event, and I’m a little surprised I had NO IDEA that there was a farmer’s market fairly close to me. I mean, I know about the Dallas Farmer’s Market, but that involves going into Dallas. Ha.

I would have taken more pictures, but my camera’s battery died yesterday. This is also the reason you don’t have any pictures of the new pizza I attempted last night. It was… surprisingly good!

Artichoke, onion, black olive pizza. And instead of cheese/sauce I used a hummus-like concoction. It was mashed chickpeas, with a little tahini, lemon juice, salt, spinach and garlic powder. I had no idea how it was going to turn out, but it was very tasty!

Speaking of tasty, I can’t wait to start cooking with my Farmer’s Market purchases.

It was a really laid back atmosphere. I went from booth to booth, and the people were nice and ready to talk to me, but not pushy or anything.  I ended up buying:


-Vegan pretzel bread. It’s even braided!
-3 Sweet Potatoes
-4 yellow onions
-2 boxes of beautiful red tomatoes
-2 HUGE red peppers.
-3 HUGE Portabello mushroom caps
-Rosemary and Oregano. Smelled so good on the way home. Thinking about buying fresh herbs to keep in the car.
-A little pumpkin tart/pie for Nick
-Also a bag of White Rock Coffee, which wasn’t at the market, but still a local purchase.
-Spinach Linguine  

Feels pretty good to pump money into the local economy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment