Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Saturday


Wow, today was a busy day! Much busier than yesterday. I spent most of Black Friday on the couch, reading my book.

Today I found that I had gotten up in time for a Spinning class, so I decided to try it. WOW. Much more difficult than I thought it would be.

In ‘Fitocracy Forum’ (a kind of fitness tracking site), you have to gage the intensity of your workout. The levels they have are:
Mild
Moderate
Intense
God hates me

I was definitely leaning into the ‘God hates me’ category. Can’t wait for next week! 

Then I went to Target to see if they had any good deals on workout clothes. They didn’t, really, but I got some anyway. 

After that, I drove into Dallas to Whole Foods. Remember how I won a painting at the Mercy for Animals Silent Auction? This was the handoff! Here’s the painting:

I liked it because it reminded me of snow, or frost on a window.

THEN I went to The Life House coffee shop. I actually ended up driving right past it, since it looks like a small house and not really like a coffee shop. In fact, there were two sitting rooms that sort of looked like you were actually in someone’s house. Kind of neat! And the coffee is phenomenal.

Because it’s been dark and windy all day, I decided to go home and stay there. I bought dinner stuff while I was at Whole Foods and grocery shopping can wait until later. 

For dinner tonight, we had the Amazing Pesto Pizza, from OhSheGlows.com

 http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/17/project-food-blog-challenge-5-a-pizza-complex/



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was meaning to tell you a few posts ago-dont fret about.not running because Spinning really is amazing. I used to run a whole lot but started to get bored and also wanted to work on muscle tone so walked into spinning being all cocky- boy was I wrong. It had been a while since I felt challenged and I really love the cardio plus muscle toning that comes with it. Ever since, I've definately developed a.deeper love of cycling than running: I love the challenge that comes with hills and focus on sprint's that I couldn't get with running completely and also I like pretending that I'm in the tour de France! It may of helped that our teacher was a hot ripped French guy :-p it's hard to find a substitution for running because to me running is very efficient-that's probably why while I love how I feel after hot yoga, it's hard to justify 90 minutes of what I can burn with with 30 minutes of running, even if I cant get that muscle toning....I get both with cycling!

    ReplyDelete