Thursday, November 10, 2011

Forgettable day with Vegetarian Turkey Burgers


Today was a blah day.

Nothing much of note took place. I was going to run, but there was a lot of traffic and by the time I got home, I was NOT in the mood. Though I DID finalize my entry in the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. So I’ll either by running, walking, or limping across that Finish Line come December 4th!

This is a quick recipe that I found awhile ago.

It’s actually supposed to be BLACK bean burgers. But guess what? I misjudged the amount of black beans we had in reserve. So it’s a White Bean Burger. Sort of like a vegetarian turkey burger?

Black White Bean Burgers
½ cup chopped green onions
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped small
1 can of black white beans drained, rinsed, and mashed
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup ketchup

-First, chop up the onions, celery and red bell pepper.

-Then drain, rinse and mash the beans in a bowl. Stir the veggies in, and mix. Add breadcrumbs and ketchup, mixing up really good until it’s dough-like.

-Wet your hands and form patties.

-Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a skillet and put burgers in it. Heat for about 3 min. on each side.

-Serve with sweet potato fries!

It was pretty good, but I prefer the black bean burgers. If you're not having a black bean shortage, I recommend staying with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment