Monday, November 7, 2011

Any Port(er) in a Storm

I have been feeling completely out of sorts today. I’m not sure if it was the time change, the weather change, or what. However, I’ve had a low grade headache all day. After discussing it with a couple people at work, it turns out that they weren’t feeling so hot, either. We all attributed it to the low pressure system coming in. Sure enough, it’s storming tonight.

Of course, I can’t really blame yesterday’s lack of blog on bad weather. It was beautiful. In fact, I sat outside for awhile and read. It was about 75 degrees. Here are the flowers that made it through the summer. They just put us our county on water restrictions. I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner.



Yesterday, I made the Pumpkin Ziti that I can’t stop raving about. Today, we had leftovers! Haha, but something about a fresh salad and a good beer that can make a meal seem brand new!

This is called Pipeline Porter. It’s supposed to be made with Kona coffee, and it’s a seasonal thing. It is very strong on the coffee notes, and overall, delicious! Sorry that this pic is a little blurry. I didn’t use the flash because Satine’s laser eyes were distracting.



And on AnkleWatch! 2011, my ankle is a little stiff, but feels okay. I consulted my runner friends about what they do to strengthen their ankles and joints.. some of the advice I’ve gotten is Yoga, and Bosu Balls with Balancing exercises.  A Bosu ball is a half ball, that you put on the floor and look like an idiot on when you try to balance upon it. Like so:



Well… I can definitely start off with yoga, anyway.

Hope to be back in sorts tomorrow with a fresh new recipe to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment