Monday, November 28, 2011

Body Pump and more Butternut Squash mac n cheez

Long day!

Short entry tonight. Just wanted to let you know that I’m still here and blogging!

Back to work, back to reality. Blah.
But!

I decided to try another class that my gym offers, for the first time. It’s called Body Pump. It started at 6, and I got there at 5, so I spent the hour before class on the stairmaster and walking at an incline on the treadmill.
Then it was an hour of lifting weights to rhythmic beats. It was sort of counterintuitive because I’m used to lifting weights in a slow and controlled fashion. But there were lots of times where we had to pump the weights up on one beat counts.. pretty fast! I was hurting by the end of the class. I’ll sleep well tonight, that’s for sure.

But I’m feeling much better now, and I think that has to do with the Butternut Squash Mac N Cheeze.

I made it again, and it was fantastic. I didn’t get a picture this time, because I was busy stuffing my face with it. (I got home at 7!) Fortunately, I had roasted the squash last night, so all I had to do was cook the pasta and whip up the sauce in the food processor

Butternut Squash Mac N Cheeze Sauce:
1 Tbsp Earth Balance (margarine)
¾ cup soymilk
1 Tbsp cornstarch
6 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
¼ tsp garlic powder
¾ tsp salt
1 cup of roasted butternut squash. Or a can of squash will work, too.
8 oz pasta, whichever kind you like.*

*A note about the pasta. My box of elbows said 12 oz, so I just slightly increased most of the ingredients. Not in a very accurate way, though.

-Just whip up the sauce in the food processor until it's smooth, and mix in with the cooked and drained pasta. Presto! (Not pesto, obviously)

Stock Photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment