Saturday, November 5, 2011

Recovery Saturday

I did spend most of the day off my feet, today.

But I did start off by running a few errands.

I went to Starbucks to pick up some more coffee for the week. And while I was there, I decided to get a soy PUMPKIN SPICE latte. You know, to make a point. Then, when I was getting my latte, I thought it might be nice to read my magazine for awhile. I was going to put off reading it, because Runner’s World puts me in the mood to run. And I can’t. *deep sigh*



However, there were a couple articles in there about recovering from injuries that I found to be very timely!
There was also a recipe for Lentil and Black Bean Vegan Stew that I MUST try!

I think I’ll make it for lunch tomorrow and post about it. Runner’s World really does have some good advice.

THEN I stopped off at Best Buy and got.. (you know I have to..) THE ONE TRILOGY TO RULE THEM ALL! Extended Version. Blu Ray.



Oh yeah. So far, I’ve seen the Fellowship. And I love what I see! I have been waiting.. YEARS. For them to put the Extended version in Blu Ray. AND IT'S FINALLY MINE! MY OWN! MY PRECIOUSSS.

After loafing on the couch all day, we went off to the store. I had a moment of irritation when it turned out to be a lovely night. An especially lovely night to go on a run. *pout*


Before we went to the grocery store, we checked out this beer and wine place that Nick’s coworker told him about. He said it had a bunch of premium labels, imports, ect, AND was located in Garland,  just down the street from the Kroger we usually go to. WELL!

We’ll never buy beer at Kroger again! This place was amazing! The owner really knew his stuff, and let us have a couple samples of his favorites. We ended up each making a ‘pick your own 6 pack’ out of all the stuff he had. I picked out a couple of my favorites and a couple I can’t wait to try. Even more impressive is the fact that he says he’s got about 50 new beers coming in. *cheer!*



It just figures, though, that Runner’s World said to cut back on alcohol and sugar to speed your recovery. I’ll just have one tonight, I swear! Starting with Young’s Double Chocolate Stout. Mmmmm. Well, okay. Maybe two. LOL Satine is judging me.


No comments:

Post a Comment