Monday, March 26, 2012

Ugh, today doesn't count.

Wow, today was a mess.

It started early this morning. I left around 6:30, and about a third of the way to work, my engine dial cranks up to RED - HOT. Dammit. So I'm able to pull over. Give the car a bit of a rest. Then I pull off the nearest exit (fortunately, the dial temporarily sank back down midway), and turned around to go back home. Nick's phone was on silent and he wasn't picking up. I had to stop the car a bunch of times so it wouldn't overheat.

Finally, I got out with my bottles of water (I keep them in the car in case this happens), and a sweater. Used the sweater to open the radiator cap, and dumped everything I had directly in there. It was enough to get me back home!

I was able to take Nick's car to work, but by that time rush hour was in full swing.

Usually this wouldn't be a problem, because Nick works the night shift. HOWEVER, of course THIS week, he's pulling double shifts. Twilight and Night. So he had to go to work at 4pm.

Thankfully I have an awesome job and a great boss and they're letting me work half days in the morning and then remote from home in the afternoon.

Things could be worse, but what a pain. Hopefully this mess will be over with by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment