Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Out of control Business Lunch

Down 1.5 lbs today! First bit of good news in awhile! Looks like counting points again is working.

Today was a bit out of control for me, because we were having an Official Office Lunch in the boardroom. Turns out it was a New Year's Party. (Fiscal New Year's. hahaha. Happy 2013!) Also, one of my coworker's 20 year anniversary with the company. So it looks like today is going to be my splurge day.

Breakfast:
1/2 lentil loaf sandwich on 1 piece Ezekial bread
1 cup soymilk

Snack:
Plain oatmeal

Office Sponsored Lunch: (not vegan)
Champagne (you heard me!)
Salad
Grilled Veggies (mostly zucchini)
Cheese Tortellini w/ marinara
1 piece bread
1 piece homemade chocolate cake.

Snack:
Celery w/ hummus

Dinner:
Salad
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccini (linguine)



This is such a quick dish to make!

-8  oz whole wheat fettuccini (I couldn't find WW Fettuccini, so I got linguine)
-1 tsp olive oil
-5 cloves minced garlic
-1/2 lb cremini mushrooms (I used portobello)
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1/2 cup dry white wine
-2 cups creamy portobello soup (Vegan brand - Imagine)
-2 Tbsp corn starch
-2 tsp basalmic vinegar
-1/2 cup sliced green onions

-First put on the water to boil the pasta.

-Preheat the large skillet over medium heat w/ oil. Saute garlic in the olive oil for a minute, careful not to burn it. Add mushrooms to the pan, along with thyme, salt and maybe a little pepper. Sautee for 5 min.

-Add white wine and turn up the heat, bringing it to a boil. Let the liquid reduce. Takes about 5 min.

-Pour soup into bowl and whisk corn starch into it, til dissolved.  Lower heat to medium and let it thicken for about 5 min.

-Turn heat off and add balsamic vinegar.

-Add cooked pasta to sauce and mix around. Add green onions on top if you want.

Another reason I used linguine is because the thicker the pasta is, the more I want to eat it. I think I can't handle myself around fettuccini. Linguine is also questionable. Maybe I should try angel hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment