Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Everything falls apart. Comfort food needed.

Since my car is now being repaired, I took Nick's car to work this morning. Stuck in horrible traffic this morning. Then I get a building-wide email saying: There is a black 2008 Honda Civic with temp license plates whose lights are on. Guess whose car that is? Ughhhhhhhhhh.

So I went to turn the lights off and the battery is dead. I go back upstairs, trying to keep it together.

Fortunately, the first person who asked how I was doing.. err.. got the brunt of a long rant about cars. But she also had jumper cables in her car! She gave me her keys and said I could drive her car to mine and jump it.

-Bad news: There was no available space next to, or across from my car and the jumper cables did not reach.

-Good news: I tried to start the car again, and this time it worked!

I drove around the parking garage for awhile, and this time parked facing out.. in case I needed to actually jump it this time.

Thankfully, when I told Nick he was also like, 'what the hell! I thought the lights turned off on their own!'. Lesson learned!

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/ blueberries and walnuts
Soy milk

Snack:
Ezekial bread w/ hummus

Lunch:
Linguine with lentils and roasted butternut squash

Snack:
Celery w/ pb/tofutti cream cheese/hummus
Coffee

Dinner:
Lentil Loaf
Cauliflower mashed potatoes

Snack:
1/2 cup Coconut milk mint chocolate chip ice cream (Yes, I measured!)
Cadbury PB egg (Emergency chocolate to control freakout)

The lentil loaf: Made in my new loaf pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment