Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dr's Visit and the Smoothie so nice I posted it twice..

Had a surprise Dr's visit today. I was planning on going Saturday, but the only appointment they had open (until April 2nd) was today at 3:30. Arrgh. But there was some interesting and good news I found out!

So I had been following Weight Watcher's Simply Filling plan. Basically, with this plan, some foods cost points, and others can be eaten 'to satisfaction'.

I mentioned to the Doctor that I've been having a hard time losing weight lately. She said that was no surprise, because Depo-Provera stimulates your appetite. So all this time, I've been feeling like.. I'm eating the right things, and I'm eating 'to satisfaction', but I'm gaining weight now. What the hell! It's because of the Depo! I'm glad to be able to blame my night overeating on something. Now it's time to do something about it!

Well, namely, making sure I watch my portions and eat within my points, even if I am still a little hungry.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:
Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie (recipe to follow)

Snack:
1 Piece toasted Ezekial bread w/ 1 Tbsp Hummus

Lunch:
Mexican rice and bean salsa bake
Green grapes

Snack:
Sliced carrots w/ hummus
Protein shake

Dinner:
Salad w/ basalmic vinegar/olive oil, walnuts
Smoky Chipotle Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie

And I got to work out during lunch. Weights workout today.

Here's my amazing smoothie:


I put Molasses swirls on top. :)

Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

-1 cup almond or soy milk
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-1 Tbsp chia seeds
-1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
-1 Tbsp molasses
-1 small frozen banana
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ginger
-pinch nutmeg
-ice, if wanted.

-Soak the oats, milk and chia seeds for at least an hour or overnight. (I soak mine overnight. Obviously, less to do in the morning)

-Place the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.


1 comment:

  1. Do you open up a can of pumpkin or puree fresh and then refrigerate it while you make many, many delicious smoothies?

    ReplyDelete