Monday, January 9, 2012

To sore to cook.. Big Taco Salad time!

Oh god. I can't feel my legs. Haha, that's not true. They're actually wicked sore.

On Saturday, I did some heavy weights. Back of my legs are sore from squats and step ups.
Then today, I went to the Body Pump class at the gym. But that was at 6, I had an hour to kill. So I walked for about 30  min, and ran for 15 min.  After all that, it's hard to even lift my arms.

Therefore, we need a quick easy dinner. I'm going with the Big Taco Salad from Appetite for Reduction.

Big Taco Salad

It starts with a salsa dressing:

-Chop 3 big tomatoes
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
-2 tsp cayenne hot sauce (I didn't have, so I just added 1 tsp cayenne powder)
-pinch of salt
-few shakes of pepper

-Mix it up and let the flavors meld for about 10 minutes.

This was perfect timing while I put together the guacamole
Guac
-2 med avocadoes
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-Pinch salt
-pinch garlic powder

-Mash Mash Mash Mash Mash. I usually use two forks to kind of cut, rake and smoosh them.

Actual Taco Salad!
-Romaine lettuce
-1/2 cup cilantro
-1 can black beans rinsed and drained
-Vegan corn chips

-First, put Romaine Salad in two big bowls.. or however much you feel like eating. I felt like eating a lot after double workouts! Also add the cilantro and kind of mix it in with your fingers.

-Divide beans up into the salad bowls.

-Top with the fresh Salsa dressing (Not all of it. Just however much you want to use)
-Top that  with a scoop of guacamole.

-Okay, now we're going to break out our special Vegan Corn chips.

Surprised? People usually are, when I tell them Fritos are vegan. Always remember! Vegan does not always equal healthy!

-I just use a few to give the salad a good crunch.

Nom nom nom!

Today was definitely a good day for doing things right! I successfully avoided the coffee cake and cookies left in our break room at work! Also, I was SO CLOSE to talking myself out of going to the gym today. I was all *whine* my head kind of hurts! It's raining! My legs are still sore!

But right when I got to the exit, I remembered that I'm going out for lunch tomorrow with some coworkers. Middle Eastern. Damn. No skipping workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment