Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pasta e Fagioli with Spinach

New year! New beginnings! I'm having a lot of fun cooking out of my Appetite for Reduction book. Lots of great, low fat, vegan recipes.

The one I made tonight is Pasta E Fagioli with Spinach. There was also a Caesar Chavez Salad, but we'll go with the pasta recipe tonight.

-1 tsp olive oil
-6 garlic cloves, minced
-2 lbs plum tomatoes, chopped
-1/4 cup dry white wine
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp thyme
-1 tsp salt
-1 can Navy beans, drained
-8oz whole wheat shells
-1 lb baby spinach

-First, put on a pot of water to boil, for the shells. Cook according to box.


-In the pan, sautee garlic in oil for about 1 min. Add chopped tomatoes, wine, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the beans and lower the heat to medium. Cook for about 15 minutes.


-In a separate bowl, alternate adding batches of pasta, bean mixture and spinach to the sauce.

-Wait for about 5 minutes for the spinach to wilt. I killed this time washing my dishes.

Mix it all up. I added a little black pepper, and it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment