Monday, January 23, 2012

Pad Thai Salad

Pad Thai Salad

Today started out with a bang, ended out on a whimper... and then a bang again with this amazing salad!
It's not enough that it was a Monday, but I got yelled at in the parking garage. Worst thing is, I didn't even deserve it! Some jerk cut off a car, and almost hit them while they were backing up. I stopped and waited until they backed in, passed them, and parked. When I got out of the car, they started yelling at me. Mistaken identity. Oh well.

Then, I was supposed to do double workouts today, but I was so tired when I was driving back home. So I went home and wound up taking an hour and a half nap. Guess I needed the rest! I think it's a good thing to take an unplanned day off, once and awhile. Especially when you're feeling run down.
This pepped me right back up, though!

Pad Thai Salad (serves 4, but I just made two big salads)
-8 cups of romaine lettuce
-1 thin sliced red onion
-1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
-1 peeled and grated carrot
-4 cups sprouts
-1/4 cups roasted peanuts
-Peanut lime dragon dressing

-Fill a bowl with Romaine lettuce and thinly sliced red onion.

-Add grated carrot

-Add sprouts, peanuts and cilantro.

-Mix completely

Add dressing:
Mix in a blender or food processor
-2 Tbsp peanuts (blend first, a couple pulses)
-Add 1/2 cup water
-2 Tbsp (or 1 small) shallot
-1/4 cup lime juice
-2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
-2 Tbsp Soy
-1 tsp Sriracha (garlic chili sauce)
-Mix completely until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp peanuts, pulse one more time.
-Pour in salad and completely mix it up.

It's a little sweet and hot. Really good. The only thing I might do differently is to not add so many red onions. I thought the dressing might be too hot, but it's the onions that were getting to me!

I also thought that so many sprouts might be a little too.. sprouty? But they were great at soaking up the delicious dressing!

If I were you, I'd make this for dinner, instead of lunch. That way, you have access to a toothbrush. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment