Saturday, December 3, 2011

Walk the Rock Expo


Rainy, dreary Saturday afternoon. I hear Sunday is going to be very similar. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too hard for the runners in the White Rock Marathon.

I struggled getting up this morning. I debated whether or not I wanted to work out, shower, then run all my errands.. or maybe just stay home and veg out. (ha!)

Sigh. I got my things together and went.  After I got my workout clothes on, it felt a lot easier to get going. So I went to the gym and did some weights. I’m following the plan from New Rules of Lifting for Women. It’s a book. I really like it. They’re whole body weights workouts that you do 3 times a week.

After that, I was going to try out a couple health food stores in Mesquite to find Nutritional Yeast. But I couldn’t find the stores. I think they closed. So I ended up going to Whole Foods in Dallas. I love Whole Foods, but I usually buy way more than I mean to. Case in point: I went to get nutritional yeast, tahini, and a big bag of coffee. I ended up buying all those things +Kale, Beajoulais Noveau 2011, Mrs. Beachley’s mulled wine (drink hot in a mug!), and a ½ lb of curried tofu salad for lunch. 

Then, since I was in the Dallas area, anyway, I decided to stop by the Marathon Expo at Fair Park and pick up my race packet and shirt. Actually, the walk from the parking lot to the Expo building could have been a half in itself. I almost wish I’d had my Garmin to see how far the walk was.

I also ended up getting a free box of Cliff bars, and a square of Ghiradelli chocolate. Score!

So here’s what the shirt looks like:

I like the design. I’m just hoping it’s not so cheap and thin that you can see my bra through it. I’ve gotten a couple cheapo race shirts like that before. I suppose I shouldn’t complain, since they’re ‘free’, but really. They fit weird and they’re pretty much see-through. What’s the point?

While I was there, I saw some tech shirts being sold, and a couple made me bust out laughing on the spot. So of course, I bought them.

Here’s one: “Running won’t kill you... You’ll pass out first!”   HAHAHA, I just wish they’d had my size in blue. It was a really popular shirt.
 
And another one: “If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin.”  PFFFFFF Love it!


Sigh, this could have been me this year:


But hey, there's always next year. And there are a lot of fun 5K's coming up in 2012.  I’ll go to spinning class tomorrow, wear my 13.1 shirt in honor of the marathoners, and drink these, while sitting in my comfy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment