Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DWR Race Report


Well, race day has come and gone. 

Unfortunately, it was awful! It was 30 degrees, cold and rainy. I checked out the paper and apparently several runners were treated for hypothermia! If you’re like me, you’re wondering if you can get hypothermia at 30 degrees. Doesn’t seem that cold. 

However, remembering last year, it was about 40 degrees out. I was freezing cold in my running tights, long sleeved shirt and vest. I figured I’d warm up upon running, but we were waiting for about an hour outside to start. There were plenty of runners in tiny shorts, no coats or coverups of any sort, and without an ounce of body fat. Lucky bitches. Lucky, frozen, bitches.

I sincerely hope all the runners are recovering well!

I was supposed to work out last night, but the temptation to come home and play Skyrim was too great. So I did a ‘doubles’ workout today, weights during lunch and kickboxing after work.

Dinner today was very throw together:

Whole wheat linguine with sauteed eggplant, mushrooms and ‘beef’ crumbles covered w/ spaghetti sauce. 

Ooh, and I am having issues with my camera today. So here’s a picture of the crazy DWR Runners:


No comments:

Post a Comment