Saturday, October 8, 2011

Working for the Weekend

My boss was asking for volunteers to come in on Saturday for about 8am-12pm, so I decided to go in. I don’t have any problem working on Saturdays if necessary, although I would rather not, even with OT pay. Especially since it meant having to wake up super early in order to get my 5 miles in. Yikes!

I woke up at 5:15am, hoping to leave the house at 5:30. I had a lite English muffin and a small glass of water. Breakfast would have to come later. I can’t run on an empty stomach, but neither can I run after having just eaten something. So morning running is a dilemma.

Here’s the park across from my house, after it had lightened up considerably. (around 7am) I have mixed feelings about waking up before 6am. I love sleep, but it's really beautiful running in the morning and seeing the sun rise.

 The run went really well. There was actually a lot of powerful cool wind in my face, and I hope a cold front is moving in. My pace was slower because of this, but that’s okay. I ran 5.1 miles and felt good the whole time. Much better, I think, then getting a fast pace and wanting to vomit.

Pace: 11:45 min/mile
Distance: 5.1 miles
Temp: 70 degrees

Then, I had a delicious breakfast when I got back home. Oatmeal with sliced strawberries and a Green Monster.



Here’s MY green monster:
1 frozen banana
1 cup soymilk
1 handful of fresh spinach

Put the combo in a blender for about a minute, until there are no banana chunks.
Drinking spinach in a smoothie sounds kind of odd at first, but honestly, it doesn’t taste spinachy at all. I would have thrown a few strawberries in with this, but that would make a gross picture. Even though it would have tasted good, red + green = brownish greenish color.

It’s a good thing I did eat breakfast, because nobody thought to bring in bagels.

The silver lining of that, is that I was ravenously hungry for lunchtime! And since I was passing by Dallas anyway, I decided to stop at my favorite Vegan Restaurant. THE SPIRAL DINER! This place is amazing. The people are so nice, the food is so good.. if there was one in Mesquite, I would go EVERY WEEKEND. Maybe a few times during the weekday!

Here’s my “Ate Layer Burrito”. It’s got black beans, avocado, quinoa, ‘sour cream’, tomatoes, green onions, and other delicious things. I even got a ‘Big Taquito’ to-go for Nick when he wakes up.


This is the best sundae I’ve ever had. I’m serious! It’s called the ‘Deathstar Brownie Sundae’, and it’s entirely vegan.  There’s a nutty, warm brownie under this ‘ice cream’ with ‘whipped cream’ and a tiny pitcher of ESPRESSO to drizzle all over the whole thing. *Droooool* Since I hardly ever make it out to the Spiral Diner, I had to order one. Don’t worry, I didn’t eat the whole thing by myself. 


Not sure what’s for dinner yet, but I can promise you one thing.. It’s going to be light!

No comments:

Post a Comment