Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Addictions!

I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday! Nick and I went to Spiral Diner and saw the Hunger Games. Pretty good!

Also, over the weekend, I became addicted to Tumblr. Oh god, what a wonderful timewaster. I started watching Doctor Who. Why didn't someone TELL me this show was so good?! And, I got some new running shoes! More Brooks Addictions! My favorite. They were on sale for $50. It would have been irresponsible NOT to get them.

One not great thing about the holiday is that it's thrown off my workouts. I didn't get to go to the gym Sat or Sun.. then I was going to go on Monday, but I had a headache. Then today, I skipped kickboxing because I donated blood. Last time I went to kickboxing after donating blood, I felt awful. Almost like a hangover feeling. Headache, lightheaded and sick to my stomach. Ick.

Donating blood didn't go that well, either. At first, they couldn't find my vein. Then the blood flow was really slow. Then it stopped. A few different Phlebotomists tried to get it going again, but then they just let me go. What the heck. It's usually fine!

So, what I ate today. Not really great, actually. I have to get back on track. I blame holiday-minded eating.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/ blueberries and 1 Tbsp walnuts
Soy milk

Snack:
Ezekial toast w/ hummus

Blood drive snack:
Oreos

Lunch:
Creamy mushroom linguine
Strawberries

Snack:
Apple slices w/ almond butter

Pre-dinner snack
Ezekial toast w/ almond butter

Dinner:
Spaghetti w/ beanballs

Post-dinner snack:
Walnuts w/ semi-sweet chocolate chips
Decaf coffee

Eeeeeeeek. Need to cut down on the snacks and pick up the workouts.

Here's my spaghetti and beanballs from the Veganomicon:

No comments:

Post a Comment